Mallory's Introductory Blog

 Why Teach? 

I have always had a passion for being around children, being around children genuinely makes me happy. I love being able to help open their eyes to new things, help educate and aid them in learning to enjoy education, and showing them how to use their skills in real life situations. I want to be able to mold the young minds of our future and create amazing little beings! I feel like I was born to be a nurturer, that being said, I feel like teaching is written in the stars for me.


My Future

I have always wanted to teach the younger, earlier ages. I plan on being in 1st or 2nd grade. Being in one of those grades, you usually teach all subjects, which I enjoy because I can help shape my students using each subject. I like the younger kids because they are still at that innocent age where they love school. I am from Katy, Texas so my goal is to live right outside of Katy, in Fulshear, and teach in the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District.


My Experience

In high school, I was in PALS, which is a student mentor class. Everyday, we would go to a feeder elementary school and have an assigned pal for the whole year that needed an extra friend. I was also in a student teaching program where I got to shadow 6 different elementary teachers throughout the year. This past summer, I worked at a curriculum based daycare with ages 5-11. This has been one of my favorite things ever; I was with these kids all day and grew real connections with them. Most of the children at these daycares are with us more than their own parents, so you really get to see who they are and have to adjust yourself to each child.






Comments

  1. Hi Mallory,
    You have had a ton of experience with children in group settings. That is so wonderful for you. I love that you know exactly where you want to teach, too. Best wishes to you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can’t wait for my future. It’s going to be so much fun getting to do what I enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment